Saturday, July 5, 2008

Welcome to the Blog

Hello and welcome to the blog. I am here avoiding some serious writer's block by, ironically enough, writing. I am trying to work on my summer novel project that I have started up with My Hero, as he is also a writer and we thought it would be a fun and couply thing to do, because that is what writerly nerds do. I, however, am having trouble getting started, the plot is sorted, it's just finding the opening that seems to be the problem. Without revealing the story, I shall tell you that our idea is not to write passages together but rather to trade off between two characters on a chapter by chapter basis, my character a woman and his a man... this is of course a fantasy novel. There live intersect at various points and it is kind of a battle to see which character will end up more sympathetic, given each is a hero in his/her own story and pretty close to a villain in the other character's story. I am excited.... if only I could find out where to being.
In any event, I am going to have to give up soon and jump in bed as I am started a new job tomorrow, not a dream job, but something that will minimum wage my way through the next two symesters.
This was indeed lovely,
Ebon

No comments: